view Marshall's match-by-match record

When Bristol City player Kevin Betsy decided to join Southend rather than Swindon, manager Maurice Malpas turned his attention to Marshall, who had impressed during a trial spell during the 2008/09 pre-season. Marshall signed a two year deal with the Town, after Bournemouth had a loan move rejected by his employers at Eastleigh - and he made his debut as a substitute in a 2-0 defeat at Cheltenham on 16th August.

Marshall was often brought on to bring pace and directness to the Town's attacking play, and though he occasionally dazzled when running with the ball, he still looked very raw and often struggled to provide an end product. Just three weeks after his arrival at the County Ground, Marshall scored the decisive spot kick in a penalty shoot out win over Aldershot in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy - he went on to make fifteen appearances during his first season - all bar one coming from the substitutes bench - his only start coming in the regional Quarter Final stage of the same competition, when he played the full ninety minutes at Brighton as the Town were knocked out. After Malpas' sacking following that defeat, new manager Danny Wilson offered Marshall the chance to go out on loan in January, and though a deal was agreed with League Two side Bournemouth, Marshall rejected the opportunity.

After making some substitute appearances at the start of the 2009/10 season, Marshall agreed a deal to join Hereford on a month’s loan in September, which was eventually extended to a two month spell, and his return to the club in November coincided with the departure of another wide player, Anthony McNamee. Despite this, Marshall had to settle for a place on the bench, and only once made the first eleven - when a series of injuries saw him start at Southampton in a crucial promotion clash. Marshall gave a superb performance in the Town’s 1-0 win, being withdrawn with ten minutes to play utterly exhausted - and he was unlucky to have to settle for the bench again the following week, when new loan signing Frank Nouble was preferred. At the end of the season, Marshall was not offered a new deal, and he left the club, signing for Barnet after a short trial spell.


Played Gls Played Gls Played Gls Played Gls Played Gls
'09/'10 1 (+6) - - - (+2) - - - 1 (+8) -
'08/'09 (+12) - (+1) - - - 1 (+1) - 1 (+14) -
TOTAL 1 (+18) - (+1) - (+2) - 1 (+1) - 2 (+22) -


13 AUG 2008 IN Eastleigh
Undisclosed fee ()
17 SEP 2009 OUT Hereford United
1 JUN 2010 OUT (released)

full name

Mark Anthony Marshall



date of birth
5 May 1987


usual positions
right-sided attacking midfield

youth career
Yeovil Town
Carshalton Athletic

senior career
Carshalton Athletic
Grays Athletic
Eastleigh (loan)
Hereford United (loan)
Coventry City
Port Vale
Bradford City
Charlton Athletic
Northampton Town